Some meals are timeless, and the combination of sweet apples and honey with a perfectly cooked pork loin is one of them. If you’ve never cooked one before, it’s important that you buy the right one because a tenderloin is too lean and lacks the density and moisture of a good pork loin (sometimes known as a pork loin roast).
Versions of this classic dish date back to the Middle Ages, but this simple recipe requires little more than slicing up some onions and apples and adding everything to the pot. You really don’t even need to measure anything to create this tender, sweet and savory meal. So, let’s get started!
· 3-4 lb. pork loin
· 1 apple, cored and finely sliced
· 1 onion, finely sliced
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon salt
1. Begin by placing the pork loin in the slow cooker and make horizontal slices about an inch apart. Tip: Be careful when slicing and only cut about three-quarters of the way through.
2. Next, stuff the apple slices into the slits in the pork loin. Tip: Be sure to push the slices in to ensure their sweet juices are infused into the meat.
3. Scatter the sliced onions on top and around the pork loin.
4. Top with a light drizzle of honey, the ground cinnamon, and the salt.
5. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low. That’s it!
To know the rest of the story, hit the play button. Also remember to hit the like button and share with your friends and relatives.